Friday, May 18, 2012

Google to buy 4chan?

I am quite busy these days (hence no summary on Trinity or other things) but I just couldn't pass this one over.
According to MarketWatch from the Wall Street Journal, Google might actually be interested in buying 4chan.
>Meanwhile, Google continues to work hard to stay ahead, finding new and growing areas to expand into. Most recently the company has begun discussions to acquire the website 4chan which would bring with it a large user base.
I think this is just a stupid rumor based on, well, nothing. I don't see why Google would be interested in 4chan, but if they were then I think I'd be pretty OK with it. Moot would finally get some money which I think he deserves (I think he is pretty awesome) and 4chan would finally stop having so many stability issues. Moot have said that he once got an offer (a lot time ago) from someone willing to buy 4chan, but he turned it down and haven't revieced an offer ever since. Anyway, I really doubt that Google would buy 4chan, but it's a fun thought. It might also get rid of all the annoying tonfoil hat wearing people who think Google will give info such as which dakimakura cover they have ordered.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think they'd buy it up, I don't really know what they gain from it. Maybe due to Reddit and 9Gag and other "meme generator" sites they figure they can profit from making it more public?

    Not too sure, like you though I do agree Moot will probably sell it if the money is right. He isn't poor though LAwLz, he sure has money. 4chan's notrious up-then-down stability is down to him messing about with it, HTML5 being the latest.

    ReplyDelete