Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Windows 8 on my laptop

I got my laptop back (had to send it in to school to get all school owned programs wiped from it) so I replaced the 2.5" HDD with my Corsair Force F60 SSD and installed Windows 8 Release Preview on it. I must say, Windows 8 on a laptop like this, is fantastic. There seems to be a bug where I got like 50% chance of getting a blue screen when I start from sleep mode, but other than that it's great.
Very smooth even with mediocre specs (core 2 duo and 4GB of RAM, integrated graphics) and it really feels like the limited resolution gets used efficiently with the new GUI. Booting takes about 20 seconds, and more than half of that time seems to be the BIOS loading. Yeah, starting the BIOS takes longer than fully booting the whole OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment